2. Oakland Athletics - The Oakland Athletics have proven they were not a fluke last year winning 5 out of the 6 games last week and also having a 9 game winning streak before it was broken Saturday vs. Detroit.
3. San Francisco Giants - The reigning World Series Champs are back off to a good start. After dropping a game to the Cardinals to start the week they went on to sweep Colorado and take 2 out of 3 to the Chicago Cubs.
4. St. Louis Cardinals - The Cardinals continue to show dominance in the NL: Central taking 2 out of 3 against the Giants, Cincinnati, and Milwaukee. The Cardinals pitching staff has helped them tremendously 17 runs all week and 13 against the Reds in 1 game. They had 3 straight shutouts to end the week.
5. Boston Red Sox - The Boston Red Sox have stunned the world going 8-4 so far this season and posting great numbers. Although their week wasn't as good as week 1 they showed life at the end of the week by sweeping AL: East rivals Tampa Bay.
6. Detroit Tigers - The Detroit Tigers are doing exactly what we expected with them. They went 3-3 last week but won all three series last week beating the Yankees, Blue Jays, and Oakland. The Tigers climbed 1 spot from last week and don't be surprised for them to continue to do so.
7. Arizona Diamondbacks - The Dbacks had a great week 1 and had a decent week 2. They started week 2 with a sweep of Milwaukee and ended the week by winning the series against the Dodgers. The Dbacks though did drop 2 games to the Pirates which is why the dropped a spot from last week.
8. Washington Nationals - After sweeping the Marlins in week 1 of the season the Nationals got a taste of an actual Major League team by dropping 2 out of 3 to Cincinnati and being swept by NL: East rivals the Atlanta Braves. The Nationals dropped 6 spots to number 8.
9 - Texas Rangers - The Rangers are an interesting team they started the year by losing their season opener to the Houston Astros but, then went on to win 2-3 games against the Angels, Rays, and split a series with Seattle. The Rangers didn't drop because they where playing good. To me they just aren't as dominate right now as the other teams above them and, with weak schedule this upcoming week they could stay low but within the top 10.
10. Kansas City Royals - The Kansas City Royals are another team the has impressed early this year. With the young talent they have and the great pitching by James Shields they climbed 7 spots from 17 to 10. The Royals started the week by winning 2-3 against the Phillies and then went on to sweep Minnesota. The Royals are a team to watch this year and if they keep playing like this they could find their selves in a AL Wild Card spot.
11. Cincinnati Reds - The Reds dropped 6 spots this week by losing 5 out of their last 8 games. The Reds started with a big series win over the Nationals then went to drop a series against St. Louis and was later swept by Pittsburg to end the week. The Reds are obviously better than they played this week and have a good week to prove their selves facing Philadelphia and Miami.
12. Colorado Rockies - The Rockies had a good first week by winning 2-3 in Milwaukee and then going to sweep San Diego to start week 2 be swept by San Francisco and then sweep San Diego again to end the week. The Rockies still have a lot to prove but for now they will sit at number 12.
13. New York Yankees - With most of their stars sidelined the Yankees came out in week 2 to prove a point after starting the season 1-4 they improved in week 2 to 6-5 by winning both games against Cleveland and winning 2-3 against the Orioles. The Yankees still have a long way to go to get back to the Yankees everyone is used to and this week will be a good test by hosting Arizona and Toronto.
14. Seattle Mariners - The Mariners have potential to be a great team with King Felix leading the way and some great young bats. Though they struggled this week dropping 5 of the 7 games played and 2 to the horrid Houston Astros. The Mariners still have a chance to bounce back and prove they are here to fight. In week 3 they go up against the Detroit Tigers and Texas Rangers.
15. New York Mets - The Mets are an interesting team. They didn't have very high expectations going into this year and with the help of some unsung heroes they have actually brought them self into the number 2 spot of the NL: East having 1 less loss than the Nationals. The Mets went 4-2 this last week winning 2-3 against Miami and sweeping Minnesota.
16. Los Angeles Dodgers - The Dodgers haven't lived up to their potential this year yet. Right now they have a 7-5 record and took a big hit this week when they lost SP Zack Grienke for atleast 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. The Dodgers could take a couple steps forward this upcoming week by facing San Diego and Baltimore.
17. Pittsburgh Pirates - The Pirates had them selves a pretty good week last week by winning 2-3 in Arizona and then raising the jolly rodger 3 teams as they swept the Reds. The Pirates will face a tough week in week 3 facing St. Louis and the red hot Atlanta Braves.
18. Baltimore Orioles - The Orioles are a young team that could be good and could be bad and right now they are showing that with a 6-6 record and things aren't going to get easier for the O's as they travel to Tampa and Los Angeles next week.
19. Philadelphia Phillies - The Phillies are another throw up team but they did pick up some defiantly needed NL: East wins winning 2-3 against the Mets and Marlins. The Phillies still stand as the only team to beat the 11-1 Braves.
20. Toronto Blue Jays - The Blue Jays still seem to not be able to find that groove. The star studded Blue Jays went 3-3 this week while dropping a series to the Tigers and winning a series against Kansas City. The Blue Jays have a long way to go to live up to their expectations they had to start the season.
21. Cleveland Indians - The Indians had a decent week this week after losing 2 games to the Yankees they went on to win 2 games against the White Sox. The Indians show they have the ability to score runs but pitching still seems to be a factor as they go along.
22. Chicago Cubs - The Cubs started off with a rough start of the week by being swept by the Braves. Then went on to drop 5 out 7 games. The Cubs have a long way to get back to the top of the NL: Central but, they are moving in the right steps when a fan attempted to break the curse of the goat by dropping off a amputated goat head off in a box at one of the front gates.
23. Minnesota Twins - The Twins struggled last week by dropping 5 out of the 6 games they played being swept by Kansas City and the Mets. The Twins did start the new week off good with a win over the Angels on Monday night.
24. Houston Astros - The Astros are... well the Astros. They did go 3-3 this week winning a series against the Mariners and winning a game against the Angels but, hey a dog does find its bone every once in awhile.
25. Los Angeles Angels - The Angels in my opinion are the laughing stock of Major League Baseball right now. With a star studded lineup of Hamilton, Pujols, Trout, Trumbo, Weaver and Wilson they somehow managed to only win 1 game last week. The Angels did start off to a similar slow start last year but, they need to get things going if they do not want to get laughed at anymore.
26. Tampa Bay Rays - After the Rays started the season off great winning 3 out of the first 5 games they as well managed to only win one game last week and as of right now are facing a 3 game losing streak. The Rays have potential to have a good week and rebound with a trip to Baltimore and a home series against Oakland.
27. Milwaukee Brewers - The Brewers like the last two teams before them only managed to win 1 game last week. The Brewers continue to struggle and it seems the acquisition of Kyle Lohse wont be enough to help them climb the NL: Central ladder.
28. Chicago White Sox - Im starting to see a trend here. The White Sox stuggles are back after starting the season 4-2 they have now went on to lose 5 straight games including being swept by Washington.
29. San Diego Padres - The Padres are another young team in the National League and with Chase Headley still out they continue to struggle they did manage to win 1 game against the Dodgers last week. Headley returned to action Monday 4-15 but I don't see him helping the Padres enough with a rough schedule this week hosting the Dodgers and Giants
30. Miami Marlins - The Marlins are a great AAA team they a rumored to face the Durham Bulls next week...... On a real note they did manage to sneak a win against the Phillies on Saturday.