10. Javier Baez - SS - Chicago Cubs - Baez is the No. 1 Prospect in the Chicago Cubs organization and the 1st round pick in the 2011 draft. In Hi-A Daytona Baez hit 4 homeruns in one game and has showed several times his soft hands and good plays at the shortstop position. I have actually gotten a chance to see Baez play and he is impressive in his first game at AA-Tennessee Baez hit a towering homerun to centerfield and is everything you would imagine in a future of a organization.
9. Carlos Correa - SS - Houston Astros - Correa was the No. 1 Draft pick in the 2012 MLB draft. Correa has found himself at Lo-A this season where he has put up great numbers from the plate. His speed has raised some eyebrows because it might not be up to par enough to be a long term SS but he is only 19 years old so he has time to develop.
8. Christian Yelich - OF - Miami Marlins - Yelich is now the No. 1 prospect in the Marlins Organization since Ozuna and Fernandez graduating to the bigs. Yelich has be devastated this season by injury after injury but he could be looking for a move back up to AA-Jacksonville and get the ball rolling again.
7. Taijuan Walker - RHP - Seattle Mariners - Taijuan Walker has dropped from the begging of the year where he started the season out as the No. 5 prospect in the MiLB. Many scouts say that Walker could pitch in the big leagues right now but, he continues to struggle with control issues. I have seen Walker pitch several times and he is impressive. Since his time with AA-Jackson, Walker has been promoted to AAA where he has shined throwing 22 scoreless innings when he was first called up. Walker could be a big help in the Mariners postseason push.
6. Archie Bradley - RHP - Arizona Diamonbacks - Bradley is No. 1 Prosepect now in the Diamondbacks organization. So far this season Bradley is 8-4 with a 2.06 ERA and 115 Strikeouts. Bradley is on pace to be in the big leagues in the next 2 years and I believe he it could be sooner than later.
5. Francisco Lindor - SS - Cleveland Indians - Lindor has shot up the rankings with his impressive play at SS while at hiA-Carolina. Lindor will eventually replace Cabrera for the big league team in the next couple years. Lindor has soft hands and good bat and could be a valuable person in the Indians future.
4. Xander Bogaerts - SS -Boston Red Sox - Bogaerts has found him self at AAA-Pawtucket this season at only 20 years old. The Red Sox No. 1 prospect has shown that he is more than ready to make in to the big leagues and he could see it this post season.
3. Miguel Sano - 3B - Minnesota Twins - Sano is the No. 2 prospect in the Twins organization and he deserves it. Sano has 22 homeruns and 65 RBI's in split time between Hi-A and AA. Sano only 19 years old is not being rushed and is being given the time to develop properly.
2. Oscar Taveras - OF - St. Louis Cardinals - Taveras has been sitting at this No. 2 spot since the first of the season. Taveras has struggled with some minor injuries this season but has still put up some amazing numbers. Taveras is just basically hanging out waiting on the call from St. Louis.
1. Byron Buxton - OF - Minnesota Twins - Buxton has been one of the top stories of this year. He was one of the top talents in the 2012 draft but there was a lot of question marks. Well Buxton has erased all those question marks and has landed the NO. 1 Prospect spot for MiLB. So far this season Buxton has hit 9 Homeruns, 34, Stolen Bases, and 63 RBI's. Buxton is one of the best raw athletes we have in the league and he is just going to get better and better as time goes on.
Carter's Players on the Watch
No. 16 Albert Almora - OF - Cubs
No. 18 Jorge Soler - OF - Cubs
No. 19 Addison Russell - SS - Athletics
No. 29 Taylor Guerrieri - RHP - Rays
No. 35 Joc Pederson - OF - Dodgers
No. 36 Billy Hamilton - OF - Reds
No. 44 Mike Olt - 3B - Rangers
N/R Joey Gallo - 3B - Rangers
N/R Courtney Hawkins - OF - White Sox
N/R Lucas Giolito - RHP - Nationals
N/R Zach Lee - RHP - Dodgers
N/R Jake Marisnick - OF - Marlins
N/R Julio Morbin - OF - Mariners
N/R David Holmberg - LHP - Diamondbacks
Yasiel Puig - Dodgers
Gerrit Cole - Pirates
Jurrickson Profar - Rangers
Jose Fernandez - Marlins
Will Myers - Rays
Zack Wheeler - Mets
Evan Gattis - Braves
Alex Wood - Braves
Shelby Miller - Cardinals
Jedd Gyorko - Padres
Didi Gregorious - Diamondbacks
Zeke Spurill - Diamondbacks
Leonys Martin - Rangers
Julio Tehran - Braves