9. Gerrit Cole – Cole is the No.1 prospect in the Pirates organization as of right now he is with the AAA-affiliate Indianapolis Indians. Cole has continued to show his consistency with a fastball reaching 98mph consistently. With Indianapolis Cole has put impressive numbers in 5 games he has went 2-1 with 19 SO, 15 BBs, but has only giving up 6 ERs. Right now the Pirates are proving they are a good team and going to fight for the NL: Central. Cole could see a call and help this Pirates team make a run to the playoffs.
8. Zack Wheeler – Zack is finally returning to his back to the top prospect form that the Mets where hoping for. As most of you know, Wheeler was traded from the Giants for Carlos Beltran back in 2010. Wheeler has struggled the last couple years having injury problems and problems with control but, Wheeler is showing that he has got it back! In 6 games Wheeler is 1-1 with 36 SO, 16, BB’s, and only 16 ER. If Wheeler can get those ER down he will be meeting up in New York to show up his friend and other prospect Harvey
7. Jose Fernandez – Fernandez started off as the No. 7 Prospect in the Marlins organization and at this time last year he was with the Marlins LoA team. Well the 20 year old phenom proved himself and made the Major League Rotation out of camp this year and Fernandez has held his own. In
5 starts Fernandez is 0-2 but he can’t help that the Marlins can’t score runs for him. So far Fernandez has 23 SO’s, 11 BBs, and only gave up 12 earned runs which isn’t bad for the top
6. Travis D’arnaud – C - Travis is one of the biggest bust in the prospect list. Travis has been a injury prone catcher since day 1 and I don’t think he will get to the show until he switches from the catcher position help secure his health. While healthy this year Travis has put up good numbers batting .250, with 1 HR, 8 RBI’s and drawing 12 walks. Travis has not played since April 17th.
5. TaiJuan Walker – Walker surprisingly started the season off the season in AA-Jackson. Jackson is the No. 2 Prospect in the Mariners organization. Walker has continued to improve his fastball but he seems to still have problems with his BB’s. In 6 games he has gone 3-2 with a 1.54 ERA, 39 SO’s, 20 BB’s and only giving up 6 runs. Walker is slowly climbing the ladder and will reach his stardom very soon!
4. Will Myers – Will Myers an OF for the Tampa Bay Rays. He is the No. 1 prospect in the Rays organization and putting up awesome numbers for the AAA-Affiliate Durham Bulls.
Myers is just waiting for his call to the show and it could come at anytime. Myers is batting .289 and just recently caught on fire hitting 3 homeruns in the last week of April.
3. Oscar Teveras – Teveras is the No. 1 prospect in the very talented Cardinals organization. Oscar is batting just under .300 this season hitting 2 HR’s, 9 RBI’s. and has 22 Hits. Oscar almost made the roster out of camp and he could be on the team by mid season.
2. Dylan Bundy – Bundy is a great power pitcher and the No. 1 prospect in the Orioles organization but, Bundy has not seen any PT. The Orioles top pitching prospect has been having trouble with his throwing elbow and did go see Dr. James Andrews about his elbow. He got a shot in it to see if that help in hopes he doesn’t have to undergo tommy john surgery. Hopefully Bundy can overcome the injury and get back on the field soon.
1. Jurrickson Profar – Profar is the No. 1 prospect in all of MLB. The young SS from the Ranger organization. Profar is has potential to be the next big SS in the league but when he gets the call is gonna be the question. With the Rangers just giving a big extension to Elvis Andrus. So
far this year Profar has hit .232 with 2 HR’s, 13 RBI’s, 19 hits, 2 Triples, and 2 Doubles. There has been a rumor going around saying the Rangers and Cardinals could make a trade for Profar and
Teveras but nothing has broke official yet.